The scholarships listed below will reopen in January 2020.
For more information contact Colondra Etheredge at cetheredge -at- amvets -dot- org or 301-683-4031.
- Two scholarships are specific to Veterans, Active Duty, Guard/Reserves:
- The AMVETS Scholarship: $4,000 – ($1,000 awarded annually over four years) three (3) awarded each year.
- The Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo* Family Foundation Memorial Scholarship: $12,000 – ($3, 000 awarded annually over four years) two (2) awarded each year.
- One Scholarship is specific to Spouses of Veterans, Active Duty, Guard Reserves:
- The AMVETS Scholarship: $4,000 – ($1,000 awarded annually over four years) one awarded each year.
- Two scholarships are specific to children/grandchildren of Veterans, Active Duty, Guard/Reserves who are currently High School seniors:
- The AMVETS Scholarship: $4,000 – ($1,000 awarded annually over four years) six awarded each year
- The JROTC Scholarship: $1,000 – (one payment of $1,000, one (1) awarded each year JROTC ONLY. Proof from JROTC instructor must be included with application.)
* The Caccomo Memorial Scholarship is in memory and honoring Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo, who immigrated from Rome to the United States in the 1950’s and became a physician, orthopedic surgeon, and Army Reservist. He served his adopted country in the Special Forces and retired as a Colonel. Dr. Caccomo spent the last fifteen year of his life serving at the University of Illinois in Chicago under the Department of Orthopedics and establishing his Family Foundation, which provides these meaningful and impactful scholarships for our veterans.
Lowes + AMVETS + Generation T
Through a corporate grant from the Lowe’s Companies, Inc., AMVETS is pleased to offer scholarships and Veteranpreneur business grants to Veterans and their spouses.
Generation T Scholarships are offered to Veterans and spouses who would like to enter into or advance their career in the skilled trades industry.
The Lowe’s + AMVETS Technology Scholarships are offered to student Veterans and spouses who are undergraduate Juniors or Seniors and are currently studying Computer Science.
The Veteranpreneur business grants are for skilled tradespeople who aspire to operate their own business in the skilled trades industry.
For more information about scholarships and Veteranpreneur grants, click the icons below or contact Lindsay Bonaparte at lbonaparte -at- amvets -dot- org or 301-683-4069.
The deadline for submissions is October 15, 2019. We encourage you to apply for our scholarships for 2020.
AMVETS scholarship FAQ
FAQs For New Applicants
FAQs for AMVETS Scholarship Recipients
» 2019 Scholarship recipients
» 2018 Scholarship recipients