Lowes + AMVETS + Generation T
Through a corporate grant from the Lowe’s Companies, Inc., AMVETS is pleased to offer scholarships and veteranpreneur grants to veterans and their spouses. In 2019, the focus of the scholarships will be five specific trade areas and tech. We plan to broaden the scope to introduce additional trade school opportunities. For more information about scholarships and veteranpreneur grants, click the buttons below or contact Lindsay Bonaparte at lbonaparte -at- amvets -dot- org or 301-683-4069. Deadline for submissions is October 15, 2019.
AMVETS National Scholarships
The scholarships listed below will reopen in January 2020
- Two scholarships are specific to Veterans, Active Duty, Guard/Reserves:
- The AMVETS Scholarship: $4,000 – ($1,000 awarded annually over four years). three (3) awarded each year.
- The Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo* Family Foundation Memorial Scholarship: $12,000 –
($3,000 awarded annually over four years), two (2) awarded each year.
- Two scholarships are specific to children/grandchildren of Veterans, Active Duty, Guard/Reserves who are currently High School seniors:
- The AMVETS Scholarship: $4,000 – ($1,000) awarded annually over four years) six (6) awarded each year
- The JROTC Scholarship: $1,000 – (one payment of $1,000), one (1) awarded each year (JROTC ONLY. Proof from JROTC instructor must be included with application.)
* The Caccomo Memorial Scholarship is in memory and honoring Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo, who immigrated from Rome to the United States in the 1950’s and became a physician, orthopedic surgeon, and Army Reservist. He served his adopted country in the Special Forces and retired as a Colonel. Dr. Caccomo spent the last fifteen year of his life serving at the University of Illinois in Chicago under the Department of Orthopedics and establishing his Family Foundation, which provides these meaningful and impactful scholarships for our veterans.
AMVETS scholarship FAQ
FAQs For New Applicants
FAQs for AMVETS Scholarship Recipients
» 2019 Scholarship recipients
» 2018 Scholarship recipients
» 2017 Scholarship recipients