The Welder PipeFitter is responsible for performing the full range of pipe welding, and applying all aspects of welding procedures, including preheat temperatures, electrode selection, welding process, and quality control specifications in accordance with the specific metallurgical properties of the material involved. The individual must understand the importance of prioritization of safety, quality, and production and be willing to work accordingly.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support ASRC Energy Services Omega, LLC, zero-incident safe culture / zero-defect quality culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities and operations.
- Comply with company and customer policies and procedures.
- Follow guidelines, handbooks, state and federal codes / regulations, verbal/written instructions and directions to perform the assigned task.
- Maintain records for work order / work permits and material used.
- Prepare JSA reports, work plans and conduct inspections of worksites and equipment as required.
- Keep work area clean and in orderly condition.
- Review blueprints, schematic drawings, and job specifications to determine work requirements.
- Mark and/or tag material with proper job number, heat numbers, and other identifying marks required.
- Perform all welding operations with the highest standard of quality, and be able to make repairs on substandard welds.
- Be able to perform welding operation using various welding processes, including but not limited to, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, and SCAW.
- To maintain, set up, trouble shoot, and operate welding machines according to job specifications and welding procedures.
- Adjust valves, gauges, and flames as needed and be capable of handling compressed gas and oxygen cylinders safely.
- Operate air arc gougers, grinders and other industry machines, tools and equipment.
- Identify and use various welding rods, welding wire to use in accordance with welding procedures and job specifications.
- To clean weld area from excess weld, slag and splatter, using grinders, hand scraper, air chippers and files.
- Must have basic rigging skills to align, move equipment and/or material required for project.
- Must be familiar with hazards associated with working at heights on various types’ equipment, such as scaffolding, man lifts and/or air spiders.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of air tuggers, come-a-longs and other hoisting devices to position material in the job site.
- The position may/will require an individual to travel from onshore location to offshore location by helicopter and/or motor vessels in various weather conditions. The individual will then be transferred onto platform by means of swing rope or personnel basket.
- This job description reflects management’s assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict tasks that maybe assigned.
EOE – M / W / V / D