The Structural Fitter is responsible for performing the full range of structural and fabrication fitting work, including the layout, position, aligning, and fitting together structural metal products in preparation for welding. The individual must understand the importance of prioritization of safety, quality, and production and be willing to work accordingly.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support ASRC Energy Services Omega, LLC, zero-incident safe culture/zero-defect quality culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities and operations.
- Comply with company and customer policies and procedures.
- Follow guidelines, handbooks, state and federal codes / regulations, verbal / written instructions and directions to perform the assigned task.
- Maintain records for work order / work permits and material used.
- Prepare JSA reports, work plans and conduct inspections of worksites and equipment as required.
- Keep work area clean and in orderly condition.
- Must be familiar with hazards associated with working at heights.
- Review blueprints, read a tape measure and schematic drawings related to work being performed.
- Lay-out and fit structural components in accordance to procedure and drawings. Perform all phases of advance installation, alignment, and fitting of structural components.
- Lay-out and fit on structural components, including structural plate, beams, pipe supports, etc. in accordance to procedures and drawings.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack parts to secure in position for welding.
- Dismantle, straighten, tack-weld, cut and assemble structural components to specifications, using tools such as saws, grinders, cutting torches, pipe jacks, braces, clamps, ropes, hoisting equipment as well as various other hand tools.
- Must have basic rigging skills to align, move or transport material required for project.
- Must be familiar with hazards associated with working at heights on various types’ equipment, such as scaffolding, man lifts and/or air spiders.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of air tuggers, come-a-longs and other hoisting devices to erect structural components into position.
- The position may/will require an individual to travel from onshore location to offshore location by helicopter and/or motor vessels in various weather conditions. The individual will then be transferred onto platform by means of swing rope or personnel basket.
- This job description reflects management’s assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict tasks that maybe assigned.
EOE - M / W / V / D