Sep 7, 2018
Posting Expiration Date: Sep 14, 2018
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Department: AMI Implementation Team
Section: CUST ENGY AMI Operations
Location: NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ability to provide application support to business users with the Business Application (HES, MDMS, MAMS or ProField) and associated technologies used to support the Company's AMI Infrastructure
- Work with business users to prepare requirement analysis for implementation of new system's enhancements
- Develop and maintain system requirements, and works to ensure core user functionality is included in the system design.
- Monitors and manages system defects within the Business Application throughout the development and production lifecycles.
- Manage vendor relationships, technical interfaces and system functionality between Business Application and associated test equipment utilized by business organizations.
- Manage Business Application configuration and support the configuration management change process
- Implement Business Application configuration changes including testing and rollout management.
- Develop recommendations for enhancements to Business Application configuration or performance based on business requirements
- Develop, perform and support all forms of functional testing for the Business Application through the system lifecycle
- Manage and maintain user access requests and rights in the Business Application in a timely manner
- Clearly articulate technical issues and concepts to business users, application support and vendors
- Develop and implement readiness plans for system functionality change and introduction
- Coordinate technical system support to the AMI Operations Center Business Users as required
- Function in a leadership capacity in the absence of the Team Lead.
- Provide oversight of contractors performing development and enhancement work on Business Applications
- Perform exception queue management, troubleshooting and resolution per established processes and procedures
- Develop system and data management procedures for efficient use of the AMI Systems
- Develop, produce and analyze data reports necessary to drive business decisions and identify areas of performance and utility business improvement.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 to 5 years Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years Equivalent technical experience related to metering, CSS and MDMS management
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or Engineering And 3 to 5 years
Required Work Experience
- 2 years Experience working on projects. Req
- 2 years Demonstrated ability to understand project scope and downstream system impacts Req
- 2 years Demonstrated experience with training and knowledge transfer to peers and subordinates Req
- 3-5 years Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Req
- 2 years Experience in technical documentation development preferred. Req
- 2 years Experience with Meter Data Management System or CSS preferred Pref
- 2 years Experience working with users to define, specify, and implement requirements and reports. Pref
- 3-5 years Work experience with electric or gas meter processes preferred Pref
- 3-5 years Demonstrated experience with data analysis and data mapping from an operational perspective preferred Pref
- 2 years Experience with providing internal or external stakeholders with application support. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Articulate and responsive to colleagues
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and travel within the Company service territory as required.
- Must be flexible with work hours, be on call and respond to emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.