Senior Software Engineer
Our client is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. They serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Their innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. They are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because they believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
- Work with development team to deliver solutions for improving the investment workflow.
- Interact with Systems Analysts and Investment professionals at all levels of the organization to proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems to improve the investment process.
- Provide implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) interactive data, investment process efficiency, and simplifying investor work flow.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities of the Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer supporting complex application development lifecycles
- Strong understanding of REST web services and web sockets
- Excellent command of Java technologies including standard java frameworks and libraries including Spring, JAXB, Jersey, Jackson, Apache Commons, etc.
- Solid high-level understanding of current technology landscape including the current players in UI, mobile, the cloud, databases, big data, caching, and security
- Server side NodeJS
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL performance tuning preferred. Direct experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a strong plus
- Must be comfortable with test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, sciences, or related field.
- Experience in Financial Industry is preferred
- Strong understanding of Equity, Fixed Income, and Derivative Instruments is desirable