At Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
This position is responsible for all activities involving the areas of talent management, organization effectiveness, and learning and development. This individual provides critical design management and delivery of key organizational development initiatives and programs. He/she will demonstrate strong project management skills to successfully help drive change and achieve strategic goals and objectives while partnering with other Senior HR professionals on the team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads the creation of core talent management processes including leadership development, professional learning and development, and career planning to align individual performance with the organizational mission and values;
- Provide thought leadership in identifying, designing, implementing, and facilitating developmental learning solutions including preparing team members for future roles and increasing effectiveness in current roles;
- Works with HR Business Partners and business leaders to provide support for organizational transformation and change; provides solid foundation of knowledge to help build tools and training that proactively prepares leaders and their teams to navigate through change;
- Provides talent development support and consulting to ensure successful execution of talent identification and development planning processes. This includes the people review process, succession planning, and career paths;
- Provides research and benchmarking support and maintains a network of vendors and colleagues to enhance and sustain ongoing leadership development;
- Owns the on boarding process and manages activities of new hires;
- Communicates the culture and directs it towards improved results by incorporating key cultural and strategic messages into all talent management programs as they are developed;
- With managers, develops talent/capability requirements across the organization to establish meaningful career paths for staff;
- Drives the performance evaluation/management process, ensuring key activities are understood, including objective setting, feedback and career development planning;
- Works with managers on succession planning, leadership development and effective utilization of talent to ensure an adequate talent pipeline. Identifies high-potential staff and implements development programs aimed at retention and growth;
- Develops tools and measures to assess and improve employee engagement and satisfaction across the organization;
- Sets goals and defines metrics to track performance against goals, analyzes performance data to identify trends and uses trends to make adjustments to the strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Education, I/O Psychology, Business or a related field; Master's degree desirable
- Minimum 5 years of experience in organization development (e.g., organization design, organization transformation);
- Demonstrated talent and people development expertise, such as providing coaching, conducting assessments, or creating leadership development programs;
- Proven track record in developing collaborative partnerships with HR functions, stakeholders, management and others to drive results;
- Project management experience;
- Experience leading key change initiatives or acting as a change agent on cross-functional projects is required;
- Experience with organizational and leadership development program design and implementation;
- Proven ability to interact and appropriately influence at various levels of the organization;
- Must have a coaching, relationship building approach and the highest level of professionalism and discretion
- Experience in bio/pharma industry a plus
Novavax, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to delivering novel products to prevent a broad range of infectious diseases. Using innovative proprietary recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology, we produce vaccine candidates to efficiently and effectively respond to both known and emerging disease threats. Our vaccine candidates are genetically engineered three-dimensional nanostructures that incorporate recombinant proteins critical to disease pathogenesis.
Our product pipeline targets a variety of infectious diseases, with clinical vaccine candidates for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and Ebola virus (EBOV), and preclinical programs for Zika virus (ZIKV), seasonal influenza and a combination respiratory vaccine candidate, as well as other infectious disease vaccine candidates.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Rockville, Maryland and Uppsala, Sweden. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.