The Pipefitter is responsible for performing the full range of pipefitting work, including the selection, installation, positioning, alignment, and fitting pipe, flanges, and other pipe components. The individual must understand the importance of prioritization of safety, quality, and production and be willing to work accordingly.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support ASRC Energy Services Omega, LLC, zero-incident safe culture / zero-defect quality culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities and operations.
- Comply with company and customer policies and procedures.
- Follow guidelines, handbooks, state and federal codes / regulations, verbal / written instructions and directions to perform the assigned task.
- Maintain records for work order / work permits and material used.
- Prepare JSA reports, work plans and conduct inspections of worksites and equipment as required.
- Keep work area clean and in orderly condition.
- Review blueprints, read a tape measure and schematic drawings related to work being performed.
- Prepare material take offs based on isometric drawings.
- Lay-out and fit various size pipe and pipe components, including flanges, fittings, valve, pipe supports, etc. in accordance to procedures and drawings.
- Apply fitting and bolt-up skills using appropriate torque techniques.
- Must have basic rigging skills to align, move or transport material required for project.
- Must be familiar with hazards associated with working at heights on various types’ equipment, such as scaffolding, man lifts and/or air spiders.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of air tuggers, come-a-longs and other hoisting devices to position material in the job site.
- Remove and install valves and piping as required.
- Tack-weld, cut, thread, and align pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, grinders, cutting torches, pipe jacks, braces, clamps, ropes, cranes, pipe threaders and benders, as well as various other hand tools.
- The position may/will require an individual to travel from onshore location to offshore location by helicopter and/or motor vessels in various weather conditions. The individual will then be transferred onto platform by means of swing rope or personnel basket.
This job description reflects management’s assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict tasks that maybe assigned.
EOE – M / W / V / D