PLEASE USE ABOVE LINK TO APPLY DIRECTLY!
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and direction of the maintenance team leader, installs and maintains all piping and plumbing in the facility Pipefitters will perform maintenance on any equipment or facilities which their skills support in a compliant quality manner.. Pipefitters are part of the Mechanical Technician work group and will primarily share work assignments within their job grouping with no inherent or "system imposed" limits. Based on business needs Mechanical Technicians will perform maintenance activities including crossing between job groupings where skills are common.. Work assignments, buildings, and equipment are not exclusive to any craft, job grouping, or employee Position may include some responsibility for maintaining significant business systems (e g Maximo data, planning, procurement, and scheduling) including the authority to assign, coordinate, and maintain work for others.
- Working from blueprints, drawings, sketches, or other instructions.
- Reference manufacturer's equipment manuals.
- Installs, lays out, bends, cuts, threads and joins pipe and fittings that will withstand steam, gas, hydraulic, vacuum, water or air pressure, or process materials. Installs and maintains drainage, waste, and vent systems.
- Handles and installs pipes of various materials such as: stainless steel, glass, iron, steel, aluminum, synthetic materials, copper, etc.., and the necessary fittings, valves, specialties, etc..
- Cuts access holes to install pipe through floors and walls, using suitable tools.
- Fabricates and fits pipe hangers and supports to walls and ceilings, etc.
- Acid cleans coils, equipment, and pressure vessels as instructed
- Visually inspects pressure and vacuum gauges and recommends repair work if necessary.
- Maintains restroom facilities including handicapped fixtures with appurtenances and washroom fixtures in first-class operational condition.
- Installs and maintains insulation for all pipelines except refrigerant lines. Installs temporary insulation on all repairs and extensions to refrigerant lines.
- Installs, inspects, maintains, repairs or replaces pipes, pipelines, filters, steam traps, strainers, valves, etc. Install and replaces safety valves, relief' valves, rupture discs, pressure regulators, conservation vents, flame arrestors, etc.
- Tests equipment and piping for pressure and leaks
- Attend and actively participates in HAZOPS, waste walkthroughs, kaizen events, or any other operations, lean six-sigma, quality, safety or environmental training/initiatives as required
- Prepares and assists technicians, supervisors and planners in preparing labor and material estimates.
- Assists supervision with the assigning, scheduling and prioritization of work order requests using maintenance management systems.
- Makes recommendations and prepares orders for spare parts, additional stock room items, tools, etc .
- Consults with Supervision and other mechanics on problem resolution/troubleshooting., Keeps Supervision informed of problem issues.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Necessary: High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Completion of a formal pipefitter/plumber apprentice program that is approved by the United States Department of Labor or equivalent
- Graduate of a recognized pipefitter/plumber trade school with subjects that include blueprint reading, plumbing, and various industrial piping systems (steam, gas, air, potable water, fire protection, process materials, etc.)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Three years of recent full time experience as a.journeyman pipefitter/plumber. Experience must include installing and repairing a broad range of industrial piping systems (steam, gas, air, potable water, fire protection, process materials, etc.)
- The completion of four years of on-the-job training as part of a pipefitter/plumber apprentice program that is approved by the United States Department of Labor or equivalent.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Miscellaneous hand and power operated tools for pipe cutting, pipe grooving, threading and turning, power driven pipe cutting and threading machines, oxy-acetylene equipment (for uses exclusive of welding or cutting), LPG torches, pipe clean out machine, etc. Test equipment for steam, potable water, fire protection, etc.. Drill press and miscellaneous shop equipment, acid treating equipment.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and technical manuals and based on them performs necessary operations for the installation of equipment.
Special Job Features:
- Some heavy lifting, heat & cold, use of solvents, subject to immunizations, dirt and dust, safety shoes & glasses, respirators, works in trenches, works from ladders and scaffold. May be required to carry a pager or a radio.