The open educational resources coordinator is a 25 hour per week, part-time, benefited position that assists with implementation and supports the university’s grant-funded program to increase textbook and course material affordability, plans events, advises faculty on course materials and open educational resources (OER), provides one-on-one consultations, and other duties as required.
Please Note: This is a grant-funded position through June 30, 2019 and continued employment is contingent upon on-going grant funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists with the implementation of the Viking Open Education Resources & Textbook Affordability program, a grant-funded initiative to promote open educational resources (OER) and affordable course content adoption and creation
2. (E) Collaborates with the executive director of the library, faculty fellow for digital library initiatives, and director of academic and educational technologies to accomplish program goals
3. (E) Provides advocacy on OER trends and best practices to faculty, librarians, student leaders, and administrators
4. (E) Delivers professional development resources for faculty and instructors in a variety of disciplines and guides faculty in the identification, adoption, creation, and dissemination of OER and affordable course content
5. (E) Plans events and delivers logistical support for the Viking OER Speaker Series, OER Faculty Learning Communities, and the Summer OER Institute
6. (E) Trains librarians and other staff to provide support for OER adoption and creation
7. (E) Compiles, analyzes, and utilizes data and metrics to measure program impact
8. Assists with tracking and fulfilling grant reporting requirements
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting and standing, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 10 pounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.