US Navy Navigation Ship Handling Seamanship Instructors
LB&B Associates Inc. is seeking part-time candidates for Ship Handling Instructor to be located at SWOS Newport RI.
Responsibilities: Provide instruction and assessment in Department Head, Prospective Executive Officer, Prospective Commanding Officer Major Command, Advanced Ship Handling and Prospective Commanding Officer Shipboard Fundamentals NSS subject areas using Conning Officer Virtual Environment (COVE) bridge simulators and classrooms.
1. Former Navy Surface Ship Commanding Officer with at least 3 years in Command, at sea service, OR U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) license as Master, Any Gross Tons, Oceans with 3 years of experience, at sea service, as a ship's Master.
2. Have received appropriate guidance in instructional techniques and competency assessment methods and practice involving the use of simulators AND possesses at least 2 years of experience in conducting training and assessment using a full mission or part task bridge simulator.
3. Completed a USCG accepted Train the Trainer program based upon IMO Model Course 6.09 Training Course for Instructors.
4. 2 years practical operational experience using CSC COVE or TRANSAS or KONGSBERG bridge simulators to provide instruction and competency assessment in NSS subject areas is preferred.
5. Demonstrated expert level knowledge and understanding of NSS subject areas outlined in this section, NSS TRD, current version of the Surface Ship Navigation Department Organization and Regulations Manual (NAVDORM), standard Navy conning commands, maritime education and training best practices, U.S. Navy Surface Ship particulars and maneuvering characteristics for all ship classes.
6. Completed a USCG approved Train the Simulator Instructor program.
7. Completed A-061-0042 VMS Operator Course or A-061-0044 VMS 9 Operator or approved equivalent.
8. For instructors teaching High Speed Vessel (HVS) students shall possess 3 years of experience serving in a High Speed Vessel, at sea service, as a Licensed Master Mariner or Commanding Officer (USN).
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected factor by country, regional or local law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.