The Live Chat Representative will work directly with customers through computer based web systems. They will provide accurate, technical guidance, sales, order completion, products/parts and information look-up, and website navigation in real-time by managing multiple websites and system applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent customer service while managing multiple chat sessions simultaneously.
- Provide accurate responses to questions regarding assembly, operation and maintenance of outdoor power equipment.
- Utilize electronic parts look-up systems to assist customer in locating the correct part.
- Use up-sell and cross-sell techniques to assist in closing sales.
- Manage customer inquiries by inserting supportive links, such as videos & other website pages, as well as standard text responses.
- Assist customers with online purchases.
- Guide customers to appropriate self-help solutions.
- Provide responses for the retailer online forum Q&A.
- Active participation in Continuous Improvement and effective use of problem solving tools.
- Meet all quality metrics and provide areas of training opportunities to decrease transfers to other departments.
- Assist in the development of additional communication channel flows for all customer types that will enter into the Salesforce platform experiences. (ie. chat, email, text, chatter and other forms of non-verbal communication).
- Self-motivated customer service driven with a strong work ethic and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proper use of professional business grammar and punctuation as well as excellent keyboard and typing skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced familiarity with electronic media and its applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as owner’s manuals for operation, assembly, and basic safety procedures associated with MTD’s various outdoor power equipment products.
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge.
- Strong problem solving capabilities and time management.
- Excellent customer service skills (Including but not limited to: friendly, courteous, and helpful)