Keys to this position
- Hands on core Java developer skills are required.
- We are open on technology and will consider Python, Java or NodeJS.
- Strong Quantitative Analysis skills are required. Strong math and statistics.
- Fixed Income knowledge is also required.
Our client is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. They serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Their innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. They are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because they believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
The Investment and Portfolio Technology group is staffing a Lead Software Engineer position to fulfill a key role on the Fixed Income Quantitative Modeling team. The IPT group is responsible for providing Information Services capabilities to Fixed Income Investment business.
- Lead delivery of high quality business solutions for a quant-based Investment Desk though modeling of rates, yields, risks, and other factors to create optimized portfolios.
- Work closely with Emerging Market Business Analysts, Quantitative Analysts and Portfolio Managers.
- Interact with Systems Analysts and investment professionals at all levels of the organization as needed.
- Interface and coordinate with the broad Information Services teams to ensure successful delivery
- Lead the implementation of business solutions in conjunction with the technical development
- Demonstrated experience developing Java thick client applications and Web Services
- Knowledge of common design patterns and their application.
- Some database experience.
- Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and DevOps methodologies.
- Degree in Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or directly related field.
- Fixed Income background is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving skills and delivery of quality solutions with strong mathematical foundations
- Willingness to work independently in an energetic, business-critical and team oriented-environment
- Strong problem solving skills taking multiple inputs and developing solution and options
- Sound decision-making skills
- Aptitude to provide innovative solutions to problems
- Attentive to detail and self-disciplined