· At least 7 years of hands-on software development experience.
· Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies.
· Demonstrated experience developing J2EE solutions using Java, JDBC, Web Services, Messaging, and related technologies.
· Working knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
· Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical production environment.
· Excellent communications skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, physics, statistics or other related field.
In addition, the following qualifications would be a plus:
· Understanding of fixed income security data, analytics and risk management concepts.
· Prior experience using distributed computing, grid or cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services.
· Experience with any of the following technologies:
Members of the team play critical roles in firm’s success by providing proprietary technology solutions which enable complex investment decision-making.
This role will combine quantitative and software engineering skills to drive development of firm’s next generation of quantitative tools.
· Participate in full-cycle software development including development, regression testing, deployment, and production support.
· Provide technical leadership to the development team, mentor team members and oversee the technical quality of team deliverables.
· Provide technical contribution to a development team with responsibility for architecture, design and implementation.
· Partner closely with investment and research teams to understand business needs and to create effective technical solutions.
· Participate in implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) investment process efficiency, data quality improvements and simplifying investor work flow.