The Director of IT will be responsible for the management of all IT operations, networking, and security that relate to Georgia Hospital Association’s (GHA’s) information technology resources. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this individual will oversee the IT support team, manage IT projects, and ensure network performance and availability. This includes implementing any IT solutions or completing any security remediation tasks to ensure service availability and security.
- Manage the ongoing operational delivery of IT Services of the department, including oversight of End User Computing, System Administration and Application Support Services.
- Provide operational oversight of all IT Security Systems and Services, including Network, Storage, Firewall, Applications, Telecom and any Web systems
- Accountable for monitoring the IT Security operations of the IT Department, ensuring all staff adhere to GHA IT Security guidelines, policies, procedures and Industry Best Practices
- Accountable for managing the IT vendor support relationships, including any Managed Service Provider, Hardware, Software, Printer and any Vendor Maintenance agreements.
- Responsible for managing mid- to large-scale IT Projects and Initiatives, including both internal and external technologies and solutions while adhering to industry best practices and providing efficient and timely reporting and communication to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting all networks including LAN, WAN, and Wireless.
- Monitor the ongoing effectiveness in functionality of IT Systems to ensure they meet the needs of GHA staff and Member Hospitals.
- Responsible for the managing and/or completing the implementation of all IT Security changes in the GHA IT Infrastructure
- Remain current on networking and security best practices, new trends and enhancements by way of industry monitoring, research and technical skills advancement.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Chief Information Officer
- Fast-paced work which requires standing, walking, bending, lifting throughout the workday
- Must be able to stand, stoop, lift up to 50 pounds, and push and pull items
- Work requires visual acuity to use computer and to verify accuracy of written material
- A substantial amount of time may be spent in the data center requiring the ability to concentrate in noisy environments
A bachelor’s degree in information systems, communications or a related field is required.
Certification, Licenses Preferred:
Certifications in various technology areas are highly desired for this position. The list below highlights the desired certifications. However, relevant certifications may be substituted for those listed below.
Microsoft: MCP (Any), MCTS (Any), MCSA, MOS, MCDST, MCITP
CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+
Web: MTA, MCSD, ACA, ACE
Extensive experience and education may be substituted for certifications.
The candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an IT Organization, including two (2) years managing information technology resources and two (2) years managing or supporting web services delivery. A combination of experience and education may be substituted for a degree.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Solid understanding and skills with the research and evaluation of new technologies
- Broad knowledge of Network Infrastructure
- Experience with IT Security Audits and Remediation
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively with staff and management, both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to utilize good judgment, demonstrates patience, and maintains a professional demeanor
- Ability to follow standard procedures and detailed instructions
- Advanced communications skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines