Summary: Responsible for the preparation and processing of all data pertinent to payroll, including supporting documentation, tax payment verification, audit trails and permanent employee records. Prepare all necessary documents and reports. Assist in special projects or assignments.
All employees are expected to protect the information and assets of the organization through heightened awareness of information security, cyber security, and risk management best practices, as well as complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and organizational policies.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform daily payroll operations including processing and verifying new hires, employee changes and terminations in the payroll system.
- Process scheduled payroll for all employees including confirming timecard approvals by employees and management and complete payroll processing. Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Verify accuracy of payroll earnings, deductions and taxes and resolve related issues or discrepancies.
- Administer year-end payroll processes to include verification and appropriate delivery of W-2 documents.
- Update and reconcile monthly bank statements related to payroll processing.
- Ensure compliance in the filing of state and federal reporting.
- Ensure timely completion of all new hire I-9s and recertification’s as needed. Complete E-Verify administration.
- Perform day-to-day administrative functions for the 401(k) plan, coordinate enrollment meetings, post and distribute annual notices as directed.
- Assist HR Benefit Specialist in functions related to employee benefit programs, including enrollments, account reconciliation and answering employee questions as needed.
- Assist in maintaining HRIS database and perform periodic audits to verify data accuracy.
- Maintain personnel files and assist in scanning terminated employee files to reduce storage requirements.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping personnel data confidential.
Qualifications and Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Associate’s degree in business or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a human resources related area with knowledge of employee programs such as payroll administration, cafeteria plans and employee benefits.
- Must have broad knowledge of various laws and regulations pertaining to human resource management.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to think critically and use good, sound judgment in decision making.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and payroll best practices.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complains from regulatory agencies, outside auditors and accountants, Board of Directors or other members of management.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must understand and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, helpful and courteous attitude when working with customers or co-workers under diverse conditions.
- Ability to oversee goals and projects and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to accurately and quickly complete standard mathematical calculations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to use a calculator, computer and applicable software.
- Ability to use Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Outlook and Excel.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must have the ability to lift and carry 25 pounds for a distance of 50 feet.
Banterra bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.