Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, assists the provider and the nurse, as needed.
Performs limited laboratory tests, i.e. urinalysis, blood sugar, hemoglobin, pregnancy tests. Performs venipuncture and obtains specimens in the correct tube and send them out to the proper laboratory to be analyzed.
Orders supplies and maintains necessary clinical medical supplies. Keeps the clinic stocked with the correct supplies at all times.
Washes instruments, packages them as indicated and operates the autoclave. Assures that items are properly stored after autoclaving and items date sensitive are reprocessed as indicated.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
7. Knowledge, skills and abilities, including utilization of equipment, required for the position: This is a para-professional position performing routine duties in support of the physician in the primary care center and public health clinics. Works under the supervision of the Nursing Director, who reviews work in progress and upon completion for compliance with instructions.
· Ability to follow specific written and oral instructions.
· Knowledge of basic medical terminology/techniques.
· Ability to perform, record vital signs and document in the patient record.
· Ability to interview clients and obtain a complete medical history.
· Ability to prepare treatment rooms for examination of clients and assist the provider during exams.
· Ability to collect routine laboratory specimens as directed by the provider and send them to the laboratory.
· Ability to inventory, maintain and order supplies for the clinic.
· Knowledge of basic computer software.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, customer service skills, communicate verbally in a courteous and effective manner.
8. Licensure/registration/certification requirements (If applicable, list the appropriate Florida Statute or federal regulation cite): CAN & Driver’s License
9. Other job-related requirements for this position:
Incumbent may be required to work before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency. Emergency duty required of the incumbent includes working in special needs or Red Cross shelters, or performing other emergency duties including, but not limited to, responses to or threats involving any disaster or threat of disaster, man-made or natural.
10. Working hours: (A) Daily from 8AM to 5PM (B) Total hours in workweek 40 (C) Explain any variation in work (split shift, rotation, etc.)