Position Summary: Manages the hotel to ensure efficient and profitable operations. Delivers service excellence by directing the leadership team to ensure the hotel complies within brand standards; engages with the local community, develops our team members and proactively strategizes to enhance profitability
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ensure Company and brand standards of operations are strictly adhered to.
2. Ensure department heads have proper coverage through adequate staffing.
3. Spend time in the lobby during peak check in and check out hours to engage with the guests.
4. Resolve guest issues to ensure high guest satisfaction in a tactful and courteous manner.
5. Review guest service scores daily Including TripAdvisor) to identify areas of improvement, recognize positive achievement and implement correct action where necessary
6. Develop the hotel’s annual budget and financial reports as needed.
7. Monitor the operation to ascertain budgeted goals are achieved.
8. Provide for continuous improvement of the property through control of capital expenditures.
9. Maintain high sanitation standards for food handling and maintenance equipment.
10. Counsel, coach, discipline and terminate as appropriate with HR review and input to ensure compliance with company policy.
11. Work with sales team to improve occupancy and REVPAR performance.
12. Participate in weekly revenue management calls.
13. Maximize productivity and minimize labor cost by analyzing trends and adjusting staff.
14. Participate in community and professional organization to maintain high visibility and promote a good image thus fostering future growth.
15. Ensure the life safety procedures are adhered to.
16. Establish proper preventative maintenance programs in accordance with the annual budget and owner’s objective.
17. Promote a safe work environment to minimize liability and expense.
18. Regularly walk the property to evaluate the hotel’s physical condition and communicate with team members.
19. Be a coach daily to inspire and motivate team members.
20. Ensure property reports are completed with accurate information and are in compliance with company policy.
21. Keep abreast of governmental regulations as they relate to hotel operations and ensure the hotel is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
22. Adhere to hotel grooming and uniform standards.
23. Perform any additional tasks requested by management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in hotel management or equivalent experience.
Experience: Five (5) plus years of relevant experience in the hotel industry.
Skills and ability: Successful track record in hotel management. Knowledge of accounting and budgeting. Ability to anticipate and identify issues and exercise initiative to investigate, interpret and reach logical conclusions and make sound business decisions. Remain positive and have the ability to improvise while working in a fast paced environment under pressure. Computer proficiency with Microsoft office.
Hours required: Scheduled days and time vary based on hotel needs, weekend and holiday hours will be required.
Ability to travel on occasion
Ability to effectively communicate with owners, guests, and team members
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not
intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.