LB&B Associates Inc., is currently seeking a Facility Supervisor / HVAC Mechanic in Simi Valley, CA. Position is contingent upon contract award.
Must have operating engineer knowledge, three (3) years of supervisory experience (within the last 5 years), and at least 8 years of experience in basic facilities engineering work, including hands-on experience in maintenance, operation and repair of controls, HVAC equipment operation, primary and secondary electrical distribution systems, refrigeration and chill water/heating water systems, plumbing and electrical work, and must have appropriate Federal, State, or local licenses and certifications as necessary to perform services under this task order.
- Supervise the technical operations and maintenance of a particular building under this contract, supervise technical staff, and provide support to other buildings and supervisors as required.
- Supervise technical staff, prepare work schedules, and assign specific duties. Serve as subject matter expert in the hiring of technical staff.
- Prepare and carry out building safety plans.
- Ensure that on-site technical staff complies with security requirements. Shall have all subcontractors sign in/out whenever entering/exiting and keep a proper log.
- Schedule, coordinate, and carry out preventive maintenance (PMs)s. Ensure that building is well maintained and remains operational at all times.
- Ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, as well as government regulations.
- Timely respond to customer requests and complaints.
- Negotiating contracts and managing relationships and coordination with vendors who service the buildings being managed.
- Ensure that tapping into existing utilities, services, piping, ductwork, fire safety, and security system meets building policies and procedures and follows a consistent approach.
- Document all building inspections
- Advise COR of any dangerous conditions, accidents, and any other safety conditions requiring immediate action
- Shall be available at all times to include after-hours and Holidays to respond to emergencies within the federal facility.
- Plan and conduct preventive maintenance program, keeps records and prepare reports.
- Train new employees.
- Repair HVAC equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Develop work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Control access to mechanical areas within the building. Schedule all building services activities so not to interfere with the building operations.
- Shall be present at the assigned building at all times during normal working hours.
- Responsible to respond and take care of all emergencies (e.g. a fire alarm activation, electrical breaker tripped, flooding, after working hours or during inclement weather or natural disasters.)
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected factor by country, regional or local law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.