Computer Support Analyst - 64006651
The Computer Support Analyst is a Career Service position with the Florida Department of Health in Lee County (DOH-Lee). This work is in the review and support of multiple computer systems for use by end users, and subsequent selection and installation of various system components of the telecommunications portion of the Network sites and the connectivity of all users to external sources via telecommunications.
Provides technical assistance to all staff members of DOH-Lee, MQA ISU Fort Myers and BSCIP Fort Myers for all devices and systems supported by the Department of I.T.
Configures computers systems to be used by staff. This includes, but is not limited to, operating system installation, application installation, on-site setup, user profile configuration, and peripheral device installations.
Receives new equipment from the purchasing department and updates inventory records.
Performs special projects and other related work as required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities, including utilization of equipment, required for the position:
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of computer systems analysis.
- Knowledge of networking topologies, networking equipment, and configuration in a Microsoft environment.
- Knowledge of installing and using Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge of installing and using Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of installing and using printers, scanners, VoIP telephones, and other I.T. peripherals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft cloud services.
- Ability to process information logically and solve problems;
- Ability to plan, organize & coordinate work assignments & communicate effectively verbally & in writing.
- Ability to accommodate changing situations or plans for satisfactory performance of the job.
- Able to navigate the Internet and use search engines to find information pertinent to providing technical solutions.
- Ability to manage responsibilities in a timely, efficient manner and prioritize tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies & procedures
- Ability to frequently bend, kneel, reach, and sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds as needed
- Ability to frequently use telephone, computer, copier and small hand tools, e.g. stapler, scissors, etc.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED –
Bachelor's degree from a U.S. accredited college or university and two years of experience in information technology, or Bachelor's degree from a U.S. accredited college or university with major course of study in one of the computer sciences or in management information systems and one year experience in in information technology; or Master's degree from a U.S. accredited college or university with major course of study in one of the computer sciences or in management information systems and one year of experience in information technology; or Two years of experience as described above and either (1) completion of a 720 classroom hour program of study from a vocational/technical school or U.S. accredited community college in in information technology; or Three years of experience as described above and completion of a 720 classroom hour program of study from a vocational/technical school or U.S accredited community college in information technology (excluding data entry), or (2) 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of college course work from an accredited institution which includes four courses in computer science or management information systems. A high school diploma and four years of experience in network systems, information technology (excluding data entry) electronics or engineering. Experience as described, above can be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required college education. Completion of and certification in a nationally recognized vendor supplied program of study of four or more weeks (or logged in excess of 160 classroom hours) and certification in a network (hardware/software) program can substitute for one year of the required experience
Other job-related requirements for this position:
- Incumbent may be required to work before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency. Emergency duty required of the incumbent includes working in special needs or Red Cross shelters, or performing other emergency duties including, but not limited to, responses to or threats involving any disaster or threat of disaster, man-made or natural.
- Valid Florida driver license
- Access to but not limited to the following data sets: MIS
Working hours: (A) Daily from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (B) Total hours in workweek 40 + 40 (C) Explain any variation in work (split shift, rotation, etc.)
Florida has the third largest population of veterans in the nation with more than 1.5 million service men and women. The Florida Department of Health (DOH) is committed to serving members of the United States Armed Forces, veterans and their families by encouraging them to apply for vacancies that fit their area of knowledge and/or expertise. Through the Departments VALOR program, which expedites licensing for military veterans, the Department also waives initial licensing and application fees for military veterans who apply for a health care professional license within 60 months of an honorable discharge. These initiatives help ensure that the transition from military service into the workforce is as smooth as possible and reflects our appreciation for the dedication devoted to protecting our country. Certain veterans and spouses of veterans deemed eligible will receive preference in employment by the state (applies only to Career Service (CS) positions).
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, eligible veterans and spouses of veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply. For applicants claiming Veterans' Preference, please attach supporting documentation that includes character of service (for example, DD form 214 Member Copy #4) when you apply for a vacancy. Applicants may also fax their supporting documentation to People First at 1-888-403-2110. All documentation is due by the closing date of the job announcement.
- ** Note: Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process. **
- This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit. Fingerprinting is required of the successful applicant for a sensitive position. Successful completion of a drug test is a condition of employment for safety-sensitive positions. Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
- Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: http://www.sss.gov
- If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility. Only U. S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers will be hired.
- Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
- If there are any problems applying online please call People First Staffing Administration: (877) 562-7287 Service Center hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET. TTY users call (866) 221-0268.