LB&B Associates Inc. is seeking an Audio Visual Technician to work at its contract at the National Archives Building in Washington, DC.
The Audio/Visual Technician will be in daily contact with Government employees, contractors, researchers, visitors and other public officials and must possess outstanding customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The Audio/Visual Technician must have a 2 year audio visual college degree or a minimum of 5 years of audio visual experience. The Audio Visual Technician will make repairs and installations from ladders, scaffolding, and platforms and works with systems and equipment in hard to reach places. This requires standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing, and working in tight uncomfortable positions. Position also requires lifting, carrying, and setting up equipment that weighs up to 20lbs. Occasionally, the Audio/Visual Technical may lift and carry items that weigh over 50 pounds. This position will work both inside and outside.
Audio visual equipment operation and support services include but are not limited to:
• Operates and adjusts equipment for the purposes of showing films, videos, and slides
• Operates video cameras, slide projectors, video projectors, recording events and meetings
• Setting up, adjusting equipment, and packing equipment after use
• Adjusting sounds quality of microphones, and electronic mixers
• Providing advice and assisting personnel in scheduling meetings, events, equipment constraints, and other possibilities
• Responsible for reviewing the event scheduling program and printing upcoming work orders for events and resolving conflicts
• Make recommendations for equipment purchase, system design, and facility utilization
• Operates and adjusts the Public Address System at Archives II
• Operates and maintains film projection equipment (16mm and 35mm film)
• Operates and maintains computer projection equipment
• Video tapes, edits, adds graphics, compresses, and duplicates video recordings upon request
• Authors and duplicates DVD's and maintains video library of all recorded events
• Audio records and duplicates audio recordings upon request
• Operates and troubleshoots audio teleconferencing units
• Assists individuals in the operation of audiovisual equipment including DVD/CD, camera operations, and provides training and instruction.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected factor by country, regional or local law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.