Sep 10, 2018
Posting Expiration Date: Oct 10, 2018
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Organization: Construction - OPS
Department: Construction Quality Assurance
Section: CONST Quality Assurance
Location: NY-Bronx-Van Nest Shop
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Develop indicators and/or dashboards that display performance and compliance of the Organization.
- Review work and work processes that will include a review of records, source data, procedures and controls related to the reviewed subject.
- Conduct Snapshot Reviews to identify confidences, risks, and adherence to Organizational compliance.
- Assist with data management, statistical sampling, and technology projects to support the needs of CQA.
- Collaborate with CQA members to develop, plan, and initiate strategies to measure indicators and improve work practices in Central Operations. Report to management on trends and analysis that create focus on areas of concern.
- Sustain a workplace environment that fosters trust, leadership, professionalism, integrity, honesty and concern. Constantly strives for excellence. Work independently, maintain confidentiality and place a high significance on personal accountability. Promote a positive work ethic that supports our Corporate Values and Mission Statement of Con Edison.
- Collect and identify information for CQA Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to assist the Organization to define and measure progress toward organizational goals.
- Administer and maintain CQA's SharePoint site.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Construction Management, or related field of study with 2 years related work experience Analyst (1H)
- Associate's Degree in Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Construction Management, or related field of study with 4 years related work experience Analyst (1H)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Construction Management, or related field of study with 4 years related work experience Sr Analyst (2L)
- Associate's Degree in Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Construction Management, or related field of study with 6 years related work experience Sr Analyst (2L)
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and the importance of personal accountability.
- Service-oriented with a passion for data and problem-solving
- Must possess work experience in the field of data mining, data analytics, information extraction, quality control/assurance or IT auditing.
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to evaluate risks and trends
- Strong computer skills with proficiency of the Microsoft Suite of applications and database skills required.
- Ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and through preparation of reports and other materials.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage and to complete detailed assignments within specified time frame, and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Experience with Business Intelligence applications such as Tableau, Oracle BI, and/or SQL Management Studio preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, InfoPath, Visio preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must have a valid driver's license and personal vehicle to travel between various working locations.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Position may require walking, standing, and climbing, The work environment consists of office and field visits.
- Must be physically able to wear the standard Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- May be required to work off hours including weekends and holidats.
- Must be able to respond to emergencies if required.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.